TAKE YOUR TIME- One of the most relaxing hobbies is doing paint by numbers. Try not to rush through your painting, but enjoy the journey. There is no way to ruin a paint by numbers, as you can just paint over any areas if a mistake is made. If you slow down and relax, you will create a true Masterpiece that you can be proud of.
2. START WITH THE LARGER AREAS- Although there is no right or wrong way to do a paint by numbers, starting with the larger areas will help to define the overall shape of the painting. You can then add the smaller details that really make a painting pop! Once you learn the basics, you can move on to blending and texturing.
3. BE SURE TO USE THE PAINT SPARINGLY- Using too much paint can affect the overall look of the painting and make it look blotchy. If you use just enough paint to cover the lines and numbers, you will be sure to have a beautiful work of art at the end.
4. MAKE YOUR WORKSPACE COMFORTABLE- Making sure you have a comfortable chair and a well lit workspace is very important to the outcome of your paint by number painting. Using a headlamp with a magnifier can be very helpful.
5. TAKE CARE OF YOUR BRUSHES- Paint brushes are one of the most important tools when doing paint by numbers. You should clean them after using each color with warm water and no soap. Be sure to let them dry after use and smooth the bristles so they don't become frayed.
6. HAVE LOTS OF FUN- The most important part of your new hobby is to have fun! This is time that you are spending taking care of yourself, relaxing, and enjoying a wonderful new project that will result in beautiful artwork that you have created.